Why Kymax Coating?
Kymax Coating is an excellent barrier to plasticizer migration and is effective in preventing asphalt bleed-through. It is recommended whenever exceptional weatherability and/or reflectivity are required, whether the threat is algae, mildew, dirt, or industrial fallout.
Benefits of Kymax Coating include:
- Highly flexible yet exhibits a tough, enamel-like finish that resists abrasion, biological growth, dirt, oil, and all types of weather extremes
- Provides exceptional UV and color stability
- High reflectivity/emissivity; Kymax Coating is rated by the Cool Roof Rating Council
- Microbiological resistance; Kymax Coating was independently tested for fungal resistance test panels and showed no growth
- UL Listed as a Class “A” Fluid-Applied Coating System
- ENERGY STAR certified (U.S. only)
- Rated by the Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC) for use in Title 24 projects
- Color and gloss stability; manufactured using Kynar Aquatec resin, which is based on proven Kynar 500 technology (this PVDF homopolymer is universally known as the world’s most weatherable coating resin)