Why United Coatings United Cleaning Concentrate (UCC)?
UCC is non-toxic and leaves no pollutants or contaminating by-products to damage the environment. It has excellent cleaning capabilities with most types of coatings including acrylic, polyurethane silicone and Hypalon. Because UCC is 100 % biodegradable, it can be washed off the surface without any harmful effects to the environment or ground vegetation. It penetrates the old coating, lifting the oxidized material, dirt, grease, and other contaminants into suspension for easy flushing from the substrate, leaving behind an acceptable surface for re-coating.
Benefits of United Coatings United Cleaning Concentrate (UCC) include:
- Biodegradable: Allows for proper cleaning of substrates where washing with hazardous cleaning products would not be permitted prior to (re)coating.
- Open Dry Time: Helps remove dirt, pollutants, and other contamination build-up even if the product dries prior to rinsing.
- Safer for the Environment: UCC will not harm plants even in its concentrated form.
- Agency Approvals: Meets all the requirements of USDA and FDA standards, and is also OSHA compliant.
- Application: UCC may be applied by brush or low-pressure sprayer. Apply the diluted cleaning solution to the substrate under low pressure at a rate of 0.5- 0.7 gal/100 ft² (2-2.7 L/10 m²). Allow the solution to stand for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Low areas and depressions in the substrate having excessive dirt build-up may require additional solution and/or scrubbing with a stiff-bristled broom. Extremely stubborn areas may require treatment with a more concentrated dilution.
- Rinse the surface with water under high pressure, utilizing either conventional spray or pressure washing equipment. Attach a wand or extension to the high pressure hose and use a standard coating spray tip to achieve maximum cleaning of the substrate. Repeat rinsing as required to remove all cleaning solution.
- Allow the substrate to completely dry prior to the application of any coating materials.